If we’ve got one nut butter in all eight GreenAcres stores, we’ve got dozens! Everyone from kids on up love our nut butters. After all, we all grew up on peanut butter and jelly sandwiches—although the peanut butter you find at GreenAcres is a whole lot healthier than what mother used to buy!
Nut butters are the original comfort food, and they supply a whole lot of nutrition on a “champagne or a beer budget.” As college kids, when we found ourselves short on cash and low on food, a trip to the grocery store for peanut butter saved the day. And in these waffling financial times, the tried and true “nut butter” still saves the day when we’re running low on cash, the kids are hungry and foraging through the fridge for something to eat.
At GreenAcres, we grind our own peanut and almond butter, with the freshest, unsalted, raw nuts available. We stock our shelves with a variety of peanut, almond, cashew, coconut and soy butters, all made with organic nuts, rich in flavor, antioxidants and protein…low in carbs, sugar and salt.
Not every store in our chain has every butter listed below, but they have most of them, and may even have more. Just look at the variety (and this is only a partial variety at that!):
- Field Day Peanut Butter – Comes in smooth unsalted or chunky unsalted. The company uses two kinds of organic peanuts with high oil content for extra richness. In the $5.39-$5.79 range, depending on the consistency.
- I.M. Healthy Soy Butter – Sells a net 1 carb soy nut butter that is 100% peanut free (for those with life-threatening allergies to peanuts.) The product is gluten free, dairy free and roasted with non-GMO soybeans. No refrigeration needed after opening.
- Ziegelmeier’s Toasted Pecan Butter – EXPENSIVE at $15.99 a jar, but delightfully tasty. Oil rises to the top, so you have to stir to combine. Gluten free, high in antioxidants and available in smooth or crunchy. Despite the price, customers swear by it, and at least one of our customers puts it on her caramel-pecan pie every Thanksgiving for an extra pop.
- Peanut Butter & Co. Cinnamon Raisin Swirl and Dark Chocolate Dreams – Needs no introduction, really. The names tell us everything! Rich, creamy peanut butter blended with rich dark chocolate or cinnamon and raisins. Kids love them. No stirring needed.
- Maranatha Dark Chocolate Almond Spread – Smooth as silk, and the company suggests the perfect way to serve it: slightly warmed over ice cream. Sounds good to us!
- Walden Farms Whipped Peanut Spread – For the diet conscious, carb conscious, sugar conscious customer. Made without carbs, sugar, calories…just peanut flavoring and peanut extracts.
So, that gives you just a sampling of our nut butters and what’s in store when you shop at GreenAcres. There are a lot more to choose from, even a peanut butter powder you can mix into drinks or smoothies. A peanut buttertini? You bet.
We’ve got an adventurous customer that puts our PB2 powder in gin and drops an almond olive into it. Not for everyone, mind you, but in the world of peanut butter it’s devil-may-care. Almost everyone it seems is nutty about nut butters.